- Reverse the procedures for hot water and heat.
- Turn thermostat in kitchen down to 51-52°
- Set bathroom thermostat between 1 and 2.
- Leave doors to laundry & bthrm open so heat can circulate and prevent the pipes from freezing.
- Turn water heater Temp. to Vacation.
- Unplug all space heaters, coffee pot and toaster oven, Including heaters in lofts.
- Turn lights off.
- Empty the dishwasher.
- Clean perishables in refrig.
- Take trash to cans in bear-proof container and be sure the bear bin door is closed securely.
- We usually leave the water on, but if asked, turn water shut-off lever to OFF (towards you)
- Leave keys on the kitchen table
- Lock outside doors including dead bolts on side and back bedroom.
Lock the knob on the front door as you leave.
Emergency Preparedness Brochure
See Fire Restrictions - Warnings - Watches - Advisories - Alerts
911 North Tahoe Fire Department 530-583-6913
Outdoor fires are not allowed on windy days or in extreme dry conditions.
Emergency Services (donsnotes.com/tahoe/emergency.html) for sheriff, forest service, ...
North Tahoe Fire Dept. 911 or 530-583-6913
last updated 29 Dec 2009