NJ Calendar of Events at visitNJ.org/
Events at HeritageTrail.org
Events at NJSkylands.com/
Contents: Special Events | Tours
March 28 - 29 "Atlantique City" Spring Festival.
- World's largest indoor antiques and collectibles show,
with dealers from 50 states and 17 foreign countries.
Atlantic City Convention Center (609) 926-1800
- 2nd week in April
Battle of Bound Brook
- Sponsored by the Heritage Trail Association (732) 356-8856
Encampment at Memorial Park at Elizabeth St. and High St. in South Bound Brook. Ceremony at the Old Stone Bridge just N of the bridge between Bound Brook and S. Bound Brook. Battle Reenactment on grounds of Ukrainian Orthodox Church at Easton and Davidson Ave. in South Bound Brook. See: Battle of Bound Brook.
April 11-27 - Essex County Cherry Blossom Festival.
- "Cherry Blossomland" - Branch Brook Park between Belleville and Newark.
Showcases annual blooming of Japanese cherry trees, the largest display
in the U.S. Both greater in number and variety than the famed
Washington D.C. display.
Info at: Branch Brook Park Cherry Blossom Festival
- last full weekend in April -
Shad Festial - Lambertville
- The Shad Festival began 22 years ago to celebrate the return of the shad to
the Delaware River. The return of the shad meant that the river was clean again
and the local ecology Ñ as well as the local economy Ñ could now thrive.
- Beginning of May -
Visiting Nurses Association Rummage Sale
- The Fairgrounds off Route 202, Far Hills. Includes clothing, electronics, holiday decorations and toys. (908) 781-6445
- Middle of May -
Volvo Midland Run
- Thousands of runners, spectators, and picnickers will come to the beautiful rural setting of lush Moorland Farms in Far Hills, N.J.
Benefit held yearly to raise funds for The Midland School in North Branch, N.J.
Awards for both the 5km and 15km races.
- May 21 - 25
Wildwood International Kite Festival
- World's largest sport kite festival, including building
instructions and lessons.
Wildwood (215) 736-3715
- Memorial Day (End of May) -
Tour of Somerville and U.S. Bicycling Hall of
Fame Super Saturday Bicycling Classic.
- Nation's oldest continuous bicycle race.
Somerville (908) 725-0461
- First Weekend in June
Bonnie Brae Scottish Festival and Games
- NJ's largest Scottish Games!. Dog exhibit, Sheep dog demonstrations, Highland Dancing Competition, Band Competition, Weight Throw and Caber Toss.
Benefit for Bonnie Brae School. 3415 Valley Rd. Liberty Corner, NJ
- First Weekend in June
National Park Service celebrates Edison Day at Thomas Edison National Historical Park in West Orange. Admission was free and all welcome. Activities took place at both the Glenmont Estate in Llewellyn Park and the Laboratory Complex on Main Street.
- Second week in June
Bonnie Brae Polo Classic
- Far Hills Polo Club in Pittstown. 1-5PM
In addition to the Polo match there are tailgate parties, Champion Bagpipe and Drum Corp, The Classic Car Club of America Parade.
- Weekends June 5 - 27 - New Jersey Renaissance Kingdom
- South Mountain Reservation
Tulip Springs Section - Cherry Lane
South Orange. Joust, Archery Tournament, Blunt Blade Battles, Punch & Judy Show,
Beauty & the Beast, The Enchanted Forest, Royal Music & Dancing
End of July -
Quick Chek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning.
- Largest balloon festival on the East Coast with 125 balloons,
air show, crafts, food and family entertainment. Solberg Airport,
Readington (800) HOT-AIR-9
3rd Wed in Aug. = Thunder Over the Boardwalk
- Atlantic City Airshow - Best Air Shows - Thunder Over the Boardwalk
Thunderbirds, F-16s, Harriers, B-25, Thunderbolt II, ...
flybys and demonstrations 50 feet over the water.
Sept. 4 - Oct. 22 - Hawk Watches
- Spring season is Feb 15 - May 15 (peak 3rd wk. Apr),
Bird Sightings at NJ Audubon
Cape May - Site Guide, Cape May Rare Bird Alert |
Chimney Rock, Martinsville
| Monclair| Wildcat Ridge, Hibernia
| Sandy Hook - Since there is no organized watch, you can choose your observation spot.
Average number of hawks by site,
Times by Species at www.njfishandwildlife.com
- First Weekend in October - Millbrook Days
- At Millbrook Village, north of Blairstown - Craft demonstrations and house tours.
- Second Weekend in October - Somerset County Historic Open houses
- The Somerset County Cultural & Heritage Commission, in conjunction with local historical organizations, sponsors, "Weekend Journey through the Past." During the two-day period, twenty-six of the County's significant historic sites will be open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday and 12:00 am to 5:00 pm on Sunday.
www.schistoryweekend.com or www.heritagetrail.org/SCHW/index.html
- Early October - Biennial Geraldine R. Dodge Poetry Festival
End of Oct.
Far Hills Steeplechase Races
- More than 50,000 spectators converge on Moorland Farms in Far Hills for the state's biggest social event of the fall season. Benefit for Somerset Medical Center. Reserved parking tailgate spaces. Family and friends create unique and often extravagant fall picnic areas, complete with floral center pieces, full bars, ice carvings and culinary feasts. Also know as "The Far Hills Race Meeting"
Dec. 25 1 PM - Annual Reenactment of Washington's crossing the Delaware
The event commemorates December 25, 1776, when Washington and his troops took Camp Hessian at Trenton by surprise.
Location Washington Crossing, NJ .
PNC Bank Arts Center (formerly Garden State Arts Center)
NJ Performing Arts Center - NJPAC, Newark
Ocean Grove Calendar of Events
Cape May New Jersey Events
Paper Mill Playhouse, Millburn (973) 379-3636
Crossroads Theater, New Brunswick (908-249-5581)
George Street Playhouse, New Brunswick (908-246-7717)
McCarter Theater Princeton (609) 683-8000
Events | New Jersey Travel and Vacation Information, Official State Tourism Site
Return to NE NJ and NY
last updated 11 Oct 2010