Statewide Organizations | Communities | Environmentally Sensitive Areas | Ocean | Rivers | Preservation Trusts and Funds | Legal | Other
Organizations, Associations, Commissions, Alliances, ... involved in environmental issues in New Jersey
See also Environmental Websites at The New Jersey Environmental Lobby (NJEL)
Other National Environmental Organizations
- Statewide Organizations
NJ Sierra Club (newjersey.sierraclub.org)
Chapter Director: Jeff Tittel, Jeff.Tittel@SierraClub.org
145 West Hanover St., Trenton, NJ 08618
Raritan Valley Group
- NJ Audubon (www.njaudubon.org) (NJAS)
9 Hardscrabble Road
Bernardsville, NJ 07924
Sherman Hoffman 908 766-5787
- ANGEE - Alliance for New Jersey Environmental Education
- ANJEC - Association of NJ Environmental Commissions
- NJ Environmental Federation (NJEF) at CleanWaterAction.org
- Food & Water Watch
100 Bayard Street, Suite 202, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- New Jersey League of Conservation Voters - New Jersey League of Conservation Voters, NJLCV
- The Fund for the Public Interest in New Brunswick (Campaign Office - Facebook) (732 246-8128) to do canvasing in our area.
They are asking for support to ban offshore drilling and to hold BP acountable for the spill.
- New Green Media NJ Environmental News
- The New Jersey Environmental Justice Alliance (NJEJA)
- Highland Park Green Community Plan
FOPOS | Friends of Princeton Open Space
- Somerset Naturalists Somerset County - Birding
- Environmentally Sensitive Areas
- New Jersey Highlands Council
- Highlands Coalition - A four-state alliance of nearly 200 nonprofit, municipal, state and federal organizations working collaboratively to protect vitally important natural resources in the Highlands of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut.
- PMC - Pinelands Municipal Council
- PPA - Pinelands Preservation Alliance
- Edison Wetlands Association (Edison, Metuchin, South Plainfield) 732-321-1300
- Edison Greenways Group 732-985-7071
- Friends of Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge
- Meadowlands Conservation Trust
- Sourland Planning Council,
- Surfrider Surfrider Foundation, South Jersey Chapter
- Save Barnegat Bay | Working to Restore & Protect the Barnegat Bay and Its Ecosystem
- Clean Ocean Action
- American Littoral Society (ALS) - Littoral = "close to shore"
Protecting Barnegat Bay | Protecting Sandy Hook Bay
- Home - New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium
- New Jersey's Watersheds, Watershed Management Areas and Water Regions (www.state.nj.us/dep)
- Rutgers Sustainable Raritan River Collaboration
- South Branch Watershed Association: The South Branch Raritan River Watershed
- Delaware and Raritan Canal Watch
- Other Raritan River Organizations at the Raritan River Page here
- The Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association
- The Lawrence Brook Watershed Partnership 732-249-5297
- DRBC - Delaware River Basin Commission
- Delaware Riverkeeper
- NY/NJ Baykeeper: Protecting The Hudson-Raritan Estuary
- Passaic River Passaic River Coalition
- GEHWA - Great Egg Harbor Watershed Association
- Friends of the Hackensack River Greenway through Teaneck
- Musconetcong River, NJ | Trout Unlimited - Conserving coldwater fisheries
- Preservation Trusts and Funds
- Land Trust Alliance Member Land Trusts Operating in New Jersey
- GSPT - Garden State Preservation Trust - State of New Jersey
- New Jersey Natural Lands Trust
- D&R Greenway Land Trust.
Originally focusing on the area around the Delaware & Raritan Canal it has expanded it's scope.
- New Jersey Land Trust Network
- South Jersey Land & Water Trust (SJLWT)
- Nature Conservancy | Protecting Nature, Preserving Life
- New Jersey Conservation Foundation (NJCF)
- Meadowlands Conservation Trust
- New Jersey Legislature (njleg.state.nj.us)
Bill Room 609 292-4840
- Eastern Environmental Law Center www.easternenvironmental.org
- Legal councel
744 Broad Street, Suite 1525
Newark, NJ 07102
Richard Webster 973.424.1492 email@example.com
- EELC - Eastern Environmental Law Clinic
- New Jersey Environmental Lobby (NJEL)
- Environmental Websites at New Jersey Environmental Lobby (NJEL)
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference | The Authority for NY-NJ Hiking Trails
- New Jersey Trails & Trail Maps | TrailLink.com by Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
Invasives Strike Force Protects Native Habitat along Trails
New Jersey Environmentalists/Conservationists.
I don't know why I included this law on this web page about 5 years ago, but thought I'd leave it here anyway.
A2714 Provides that use for recreation and conservation purposes of lands included in certain adopted redevelopment plans does not subject those lands to Green Acres diversion requirements and process when they are eventually used for other purposes as designated in those plans.
12/12/2002 Approved P.L.2002, c.124.
An Act concerning the use for recreation and conservation purposes of lands included in certain redevelopment plans, and amending P.L.1975, c.155 and P.L.1999, c.152.
2. Section 32 of P.L.1999, c.152 (C.13:8C-32) is amended to read as follows:
32. a. Lands acquired or developed by a local government unit or a qualifying tax exempt nonprofit organization for recreation and conservation purposes using constitutionally dedicated moneys in whole or in part shall not be conveyed, disposed of, or diverted to a use for other than recreation and conservation purposes without the approval of the commissioner and the State House Commission and following a public hearing held at least one month prior to those approvals. Approval of the commissioner and the State House Commission shall not be given unless the local government unit or qualifying tax exempt nonprofit organization agrees to (1) replace the lands with lands of equal or greater fair market value and of reasonably equivalent size, quality, location, and usefulness for recreation and conservation purposes, as approved by the commissioner, or (2) pay an amount equal to or greater than the fair market value of the lands, as determined by the commission, into the Garden State Green Acres Preservation Trust Fund. Moneys so returned to that fund shall be deemed wholly a part of the portion of that fund available for grants or loans to local government units or grants to qualifying tax exempt nonprofit organizations for the acquisition of lands for recreation and conservation purposes as provided pursuant to this act.
Return to Environment
last updated 28 Jun 2013