Best of 2007 Video: D5 Interview With Bill Gates and Steve Jobs.
- In their rare joint appearance at All Things Digital 5, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates discuss their contributions to the technology industry, the qualities they most respect in one another.
- Continuing of Part 1
- Steve and Bill talk about the 1997 agreement between Apple and Microsoft; whether they think their companies are rivals today; the "Get a Mac" commericals; and iPods, Zunes and music.
- Bill and Steve talk about their biggest regrets; what excites and surprises them in technology today; mobile devices; and what they feel computing will be like in five years.
- Continuing of Part 4
- Gates and Jobs continue their discussion about the future of technology, covering such topics as mobile phones, flexible displays, Internet services and the nimbleness of large companies versus small start-ups.
- Bill Gates and Steve Jobs' discussion with Walt and Kara turns to the entertainment industry, the transition facing Hollywood companies today and the future of computing interfaces.
- Continuing of Part 7
- Steve and Bill reveal the greatest misunderstanding about their relationship, joke with Walt and Kara and receive a standing ovation from the crowd as they conclude their fireside chat.
- In the final segment of their joint interview, Bill and Steve field questions from the audience at D5. All Things Digital Text
- Continuing of Part 10
Return to computers
last updated 11 April 2010