Some of the Larger Developement Projects:
JMA Ventures - Art Chapman - (Ghirardelli Square in SF)
- Homewood Mountain Resort -See Homewood
- Truckee - Hotel Avery - High-end hotel and restaurant to be built along the Truckee River
- Crystal Bay - Tahoe Inn
- Alpine Meadows Ski Area
Villas at Harborside - Nate Topol - Homewood - See Homewood
- North Tahoe Citizens Action Alliance (NTCAA)
Truckee - Donner:
- Royal Gorge LLC - Todd Foster ( Foster Enterprises - built Foster City in the 1950s), Kirk Syme (Woodstock Development) and others bought Royal Gorge Cross Country Ski area in 2005.
They propose up to 1,000 new housing units, roads, lakes and ski lifts in the Serene Lakes Area.
- Soda Springs - Royal Gorge Ski area
See: Project Description at placer.ca.gov
Save the Summit (SaveTheSummit.com)
Save our Summit (SaveOurSummit.org)
Sierra Watch - Donner Summit
Donner Summit Night Before Christmas - YouTube animation
- Cisco Grove - They also bought Rainbow Lodge
- Hyatt Hotels and Priztker family - Waddle Ranch in Martis Valley - 1,000 homes
- Truckee Donner Land Trust and the Trust for Public Land are atempting to purchase more than 500 acres of Martis Valley Land. See Article.
- See Sierra Watch - Martis Valley
Tahoe's Martis Valley -- paradise lost?, 2003 SFGate article.
- Sierra Pacific Industries, a California timber giant and the largest landowner in Calif., owns nearly 8,000 acres east of Hwy 267 that environmental groups have targeted for conservation.
Article in Sierra Sun, Aug. 2005
- RDK Partners - Henry Reed - Gray's Crossing - 120- to 150-room "condo hotel"
- Holliday Development - Railyard development - Hotel
- Truckee River Associates - Tom Watson - Condo Hotel
- JMA Ventures - Hotel Avery
APC - Advisory Planning Commission - Advises TRPA on technical and scientific issues.
BMP - Best Management Practice
BOS - Board of Supervisors
CEP - Community Enhancement Program - A TRPA program which implement environmental improvements, enhance the quality of life for residents, improve the visitor experience and contribute to the long-term economic vitality of the region.
CEQA - California Environmental Quality Act
CFA - Commercial Floor Area
(DSAA - Donner Summit Area Association
EA - Environmental Analysis
EIP - Environmental Improvement Program (TRPA)
EIR/EIS - Environmental Impact Report / nvironmental Impact Statement
HMR - Homewood Mountain Resort
LEED - Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - U.S. Green Building Council building certfication.
MAPF - Mountain Area Presentation Foundation
NTCAA - North Tahoe Citizens Action Alliance
NTRAC - North Tahoe Regional Advisory Council - Advises the Board of Supervisors.
PAOTS - Persons at One Time - (TRPA) A measure of overnight accomidations for the general public.
PUD - Public Utility District
SAG - Science Advisory Group - advised TRPA in 2003
SEZ - Stream Environment Zones
SLOPA - Serene Lakes Property Owners Association
TAU - Tourist Accommodation Units
TCPUD - Tahoe City Public Utility District
TMDL- Total maximum daily load. - Allowable fine sediment and nutrients.
TRPA - Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
TWG - Technical Working Group
VMT - vehicle miles traveled
WIP - Watershed Improvement Project (Kings Beach)
Tahoe Center for a Sustainable Future (TCSF)
Sierra Watch - Protecting the Sierra Nevada for Future Generations
Truckee Donner Land Trust.
Conservation Community Comments on the
Environmental Analysis for the TRPA
Threshold Update, May 2007
Placer County Community Development Resource Agency (CDRA)
Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA)
Several hotels in Truckee's future July 6, 2007 Tahoe Bonanza
Return to Conservation
last updated 2 Sept 2007