Secretary of Health and Human Services - Kathleen Sebelius
The National Institutes of Health (Home page: www.nih.gov) -
Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., Director
I built this page because I wanted to zero in on a couple of departments where family and friends are doing research and show where they fit into the organizational structure. I found this difficult at nih.gov. Most of the links below go to nih.gov pages, but I have custom links for NIA and HICHD.
I also have a list of Neuroscience links below
and a list of public health reference sources at the HHS page.
NIH's mission is to seek fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce the burdens of illness and disability.
The National Institutes of Health is made up of 27 different components
called Institutes and Centers.
Neuroscience Links at NIH:
- NIH Blueprint for Neuroscience Research
Neuroscience Information Framework
- Archive of "Neuroscience" from BioMed Central (BMC)
- Archive of "Frontiers in Neuroscience" from Frontiers Research Foundation
- 2010/2011 NIH Neuroscience Seminar Series
- Division of Neuroscience at the National Institute on Aging (NIA)
Alzheimer's research at the NIA
- Program in Developmental Neuroscience at the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
- Systems and Cognitive Neuroscience at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
- Behavioral Science and Integrative Neuroscience Research Branch at the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
Return to Politics
last updated 3 Jan 2011