Pumpkin: at AllRecipes.com
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 2 large eggs
* 1 medium can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin (NOT pumpkin mix with spices)
* 1 medium can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
* 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
* Whipped cream (optional)
Serve at room temperature.
* Note: the note on pillsbury crusts say only Ice Cream or pudding pies require pre-baking.
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Bake crust for 18-22 min (It is best to pre-bake the crust for pies with liquid fillings, pumpkin, cream, ...) *
- Set oven to 425 F.
- Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Crust should be warm and filling at room temp.
Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 F.;
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Some recipies say to refigerate for 1 day others say to serve immediately at room temperature.
(Do not freeze as this will cause the crust to separate from the filling.)
The "Joy of Cooking" says to use a pre-baked crust for pumpkin.
Return to Recipes
last updated 29 Nov 2008